An unfortunate event like a fire can cause innumerable damage to your property as well as your morale. The first thing that needs to be done, in this case, is its restoration.
Post-fire, several health hazards can prove fatal to your well-being. Smoke and soot floating through the air may contain cancer-causing asbestos fibers, ammonia, tar, formaldehyde, and much more. Besides, after a fire, your property is in a very fragile and susceptible state. One wrong move can cause a lot of further damage. Therefore, we have prepared this extensive list of do’s and don’ts to guide you through the process.
Read here: Our step-by-step fire emergency procedure.
- Once that is done, the first step is to turn off all power supplies in and around the damaged areas.
- Open windows for ventilation
- Lightly coat the chrome trim on taps and kitchen appliances with petroleum to protect it.
- Vacuum loose smoke particles from the upholstery, drapes and carpets before the usual traffic comes in.
- Change the furnace filters
- Empty the refrigerator and freezer as the electricity will be off.
- Wash off laminate countertops and other appliances
- Hire a plumber to drain the heating system
- Wash or attempt to wash walls, roofs, or other absorbent surfaces
- Use upholstery or any furniture
- Consume the food left in open containers during the fire.
What Does Fire Damage Restoration Include?
A restoration service includes the following:
- Initial Contact
- Board up and trapping
- Smoke and soot clean up
- Odor removal
- Water damage restoration
- Complete restoration
The benefit of hiring our fire damage restoration contractors is multifold. They have the expertise and the right tools to save as much of your property as they can. A professional company will also help you with the insurance claim.
If you are in Elgin, IL, Total Solutions Cleaning and Restoration LLC, is your safest bet for a restoration service. We understand that fire is a sudden event, thus our services are available 24/7. Whether it is fire or water damage, our professionals will respond quickly to your distress and will use the most effective equipment and techniques to save your property.