What Is The Average Cost Of Water Damage Restoration?
As per professional water damage experts, the average cost of water damage restoration falls between $1070 to $4095. Nonetheless, the cost of water damage restoration also deviates on the following basis:
- Size of The Flooded Area: This factor plays a vital role in determining the total cost of the services. The bigger the size of the affected area, the more will be the cost of the repair and restoration works.
- Type of Water: Clearwater from rain or pipe burst requires less effort to clean. Therefore, their clean-up costs around $3.90 per sq ft. Gray water that is discharged from clogged appliances cost $4.60 per sq ft for cleaning up. Blackwater that is associated with contaminated water from sewage costs the most for clean-up at $6.90 per sq ft.
- Extent of Water Damage: The more damage that your property has received influences the cost of restoration work directly. So more damage equals more costs.
- Extra Work: Any extra work increases the cost of water damage restoration services.
How Long Does It Take To Dry Out Water Damage?
The drying time for an average home takes 5-6 days, but can range up to several weeks depending on these factors:
- Weather: If the weather is favorable, the recovery time will reduce. But if it’s rain or snow outside, then the experts will need more time to recover your property.
- Damage Extent: If the property is heavily damaged, then it will take more time for the professional to clear-up the water and rebuild the structure.
- Water Type: There are three types of water: clean, gray, and black. Clear water takes the least time to clean-up while black takes most of the time to clean-up. That’s because dealing with contaminated water isn’t easy and causes hazardous problems if not disposed of correctly.